Northwest River Project Overview
York Bridge Concepts has teamed the MTS Recreations on the design and build of the York Bridge Pedestrian Bridge just 20 miles west of Virginia Beach in Chesapeake, Virginia. The Northwest River Park boasts grand acres that are "the perfect blend of natural beauty and recreational activities" nestled amongst the banks of the Northwest River. The highlight of the park, this welcoming 74 foot free span York Bridge glides over the water with a graceful roll from end to end, effortlessly blending beauty and function.
"The workmanship was excellent. In my opinion the bridge is the highlight of the park."
– Howard Smith, President, MTS Recreations
- Pedestrian Width:
- 8’ (7’ Clear)
- 18' above grade
- 85 PSF
- Deck Level
- Span Type:
- Multiple Span
- Span Lengths:
- (1) 50', (2) 12'
- CA-C Treated Southern Yellow Pine
- Timber Piles & Abutments (Acrylic/Polymer Coated where exposed)
- S4S Timber & Glulam Stringers (Acrylic/Polymer Coated where exposed)
- Pedestrian Deck System:
- Textured Polymer Surfaced
2” Timber Deck
- Decero™ X-Style Design Series
- Northwest River