Timber Bridge Materials
We use premium, fully-treated lumber to add longevity and beauty to your timber bridge
Southern Yellow Pine
Glued Laminated Beams
Other Material Options
Addtional Wood Options
- Glasswood Lumber — YBC’s most environmentally-friendly option.
- Hardwood timbers, such as south American IPE.
- Green heart piling in lieu of treated piles.
- Composite and/or recycled decking and railing material.
- Structural composite material available.
- Rough sawn timbers in lieu of smooth or planed wood.
Plywood Construction Matting
- Protects the bridge from damage or marks during the construction of the bridge(s).
- Protects the wetlands from oils or fluids from the equipment during the construction of the bridge(s).
- Recommended for boardwalks, when using composite materials and on any bridge greater than 200? in length.
- Recommended for vehicular bridges that will be constructed during the building of a development.
York Timber Protective Systems™ assist in timber bridge longevity and are recommended on ALL timber structures.
Learn More About YTPS™