How does York Bridge Concepts integrate a timber bridge into an urban design? Inspired by the natural textures and modern architecture of the urban development, we designed this footbridge with contemporary geometric details and sturdy composite material while reducing impacts in the native waterway through a customized spanning design. To brighten the elevation and protect the bridge, we applied acrylic polymer coating creating a legacy bridge that can last for generations.
The field team was excellent to work with, they worked in a safe and professional manner. The quality of the installation was also very good. I hope to work with the team again.
- Ben Burgess, Cranshaw Construction
- 7'10" (7'6" clear)
- 6' above grade
- 85 PSF
- Ground Up
- Span Type:
- Multiple Span
- Span Lengths:
- (1) 26', (1) 6'-5", (2) 7'-5"
- CA-C Treated Southern Yellow Pine & Composite
- Timber Piles & Abutments (Acrylic/Polymer Coated where exposed)
- SYP Rough Sawn Timber (Acrylic/Polymer Coated where exposed)
- Deck System:
- 1" Composite Deck
- Decero™ Wire Mesh Design Series
Like something you see on this project? Get more information below or visit the York Bridge Design Center to see all resources.